Monday, January 12, 2009

Puppy vs. Dog

There are many advantages to adopting an adult dog instead of a puppy. Here are just a few:

  • Many shelter dogs are already housetrained


  • Many shelter dogs have already lived with children


  • Adult dogs are easier to train than young puppies


  • Dogs are generally more predictable


  • Dogs mature out of their "teenage phase" until they are often two years old


  • You are taking a stand against the pet overpopulation crisis and saving an animal!


View the entire Puppy vs. Dog article from the Sacramento SPCA web site by CLICKING HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your Blog and what a great thing to stand up for, especially since North Dakota’s animals lack their own rights! As a fellow animal rights supporter and past foster "parent" I just wanted to update you on the many shelters we have in Fargo-Moorhead. I see on your site you only have Adopt-A-Pet FM on your link list. We also have the FM Humane Society (I'm sure you know about), 4 Luv of Dog Rescue (the “I Care” grant winner in ND in December 2008) and It's a Dogs World. Just another suggestion... maybe you could put a link to Petfinder.com on your list... that will take a searcher ANYWHERE! :o) Thanks for your time, and for getting the word out!

STAND said...

Thank you for the note. No, I actually did not know about the FM Humane Society or 4 Luv of Dog Rescue. I added them to my list of links along with Petfinder. Thanks!