Sunday, September 18, 2005

Shaggy Shuffle


Today Daphne and I went to the annual Shaggy Shuffle at the Capitol. I always enjoy seeing all the different kinds of dogs and other dog lovers. It's a great opportunity for dogs to socialize, have fun with their human counterpart(s) and get a little exercise. Most importantly, the event promotes the adoption of shelter animals all proceeds go to Central Dakota Humane Society!



I think Daphne had a fun time, and of course, gave me an opportunity to take pictures of her. She's always up for a walk and enjoys being around other dogs, especially the puppies. Tricia's Barkery, who makes Daphne's favorite treats, was there. Daphne's favorite right now are the pumpkin flavored treats.


I made Daphne pose with one of the clowns. I don't think she really wanted to, but as with a lot things, she gave in just to humor me. :o)







There were a few different paths to choose from: 1/8, 2 or 3.5 miles. Daphne and I chose to shuffle around the 2 mile path. We walked behind a couple Jack Russell Terriers with a sheltie mix traveling behind us. It was overcast with a nice cool breeze, perfect weather for a nice walk around the Capitol. A fun time had by all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christine-I just heard on the 10 o'clock news that Central Dakota Humane Society made $19,000 at Shaggy Shuffle!

Also-for those interested: The name of the event changed this year to Shaggy Shuffle from 'Furry Scurry' because 'Furry Scurry' is a trademarked name for some event in Denver.